FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any way to easily reorder clips in a project by chronological order?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Is there any way to easily reorder clips in a project by chronological order?
on Sep 7, 2016 at 11:44:29 pm

I'm going through the selects of a feature I'm working on. I finally went through all the footage and have highlights, and now I want to go through the hours of highlights.

Before doing so, I would love to have everything laid out in the project chronologically. I can't figure out an easy way to do this. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Is there any way to easily reorder clips in a project by chronological order?
on Sep 8, 2016 at 11:58:38 am

Assuming you mean laid out on the project timeline, Sort by date in the clip browser, select all, hot 'e' to add them to the timeline.

----

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: Is there any way to easily reorder clips in a project by chronological order?
on Sep 8, 2016 at 2:41:57 pm

[Noam Osband] "I'm going through the selects...have highlights, and now I want to go through the hours of highlights...I would love to have everything laid out in the project chronologically..."

FCPX is optimally designed to do this in the Event Browser -- before adding to a timeline. That is where you make your selects via either favorites or keywords. This is a nice feature since the selects can be ranges, not just clips. Then you can sort those by date (gear icon>sort by content created). Then you add those to the timeline.

If you have already added them to the timeline, you can simply filter on Used Media then select/copy/paste those clip ranges to a new project, and they will retain the sorted chronological order.

If you ever find the clip creation time is in error (e.g, camera clock wasn't set), this can be adjusted within FCPX by selecting the clips in the Event Browser in List View, then Modify>Adjust clip date and time. It can optionally also adjust the creation date/time of the file itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]