FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharing to Blu ray not playable

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edgar Medrano
Sharing to Blu ray not playable
on Sep 6, 2016 at 9:08:22 pm

First off, I have searched and found many answers on this and none have worked for me so far, so I apologize if this is a post all of you have seen to many times.

I make wedding videos using FCPX and they are usually around 1.5 - 2hrs long. This is my first time trying to export it onto a Blu-ray disc. I purchased a LG BP50NB40 blu ray burner for my iMac. I have the whole movie complete in Final cut, and when I share it to Blu-ray it goes through the whole process fine. But when it is complete, the disk is not playable on any Blu-ray player. I get a message saying this is not a Blu-ray disc, or disk is not acceptable. I must be doing something wrong here and I can't figure out whatg it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using BD-R discs.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Sharing to Blu ray not playable
on Sep 7, 2016 at 12:37:04 am

There's not much you have control over when burning any disc format from FCPX so there's not a lot you can do wrong.

I guess just a couple of questions to fill in the blanks...

1. Which version of FCPX? Which version OS X?
2. Have you tried sending the project to Compressor and burning from there?
3. Have you tried making an mage and burning that image with Disk Utility or Toast?

I ask the last one because I've often had DVDs fail when burning directly from FCPX and my solution was to create an image then burn with something else.

------

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Edgar Medrano
on Sep 7, 2016 at 3:21:37 am

1. Final Cut Pro X version 10.2 and my iMac is OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5
2. Im don't know what this is. Compressor in Final Cut? Or is that another program.. Please explain...
3. I recently downloaded Toast with the blu ray plug in and burned the image from final cut. I then used toast to burn the blu ray disc and I got the exact same result as I did with Final Cut.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Sep 7, 2016 at 5:12:54 am

I'm talking about the application Compressor. Fcpx uses the engine from Compressor to encode projects but you get much more control within Compressor itself. There may be an encoding setting to tweak.

I also vaguely remember reading about Blu-ray Discs failing to play with menus enabled but setting them to auto play the movie worked fine.

----

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]