FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do I copy LUT settings to another clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
how do I copy LUT settings to another clip?
on Sep 6, 2016 at 12:57:41 pm

First of all I would like to aplogize in advance because I've got the feeling that I will "spam" this board in the future with FCPX questions I can not find an answer to on google since I am new to FCPX and still learning. Now that this is out of the way I would love to know:

How do I copy my LUT settings to another clip?

I know I can copy pretty much ANY atribute from one clip to another (scaling, positiong, compositing...) but it seems like I can NOT copy my LUT settings.
You know if I select a clip in the time line- go to the inspector, click on settings under the Info tab I can click on (don't know the Englisg name and don't know how to change the language of my installed version since a non English program is confusing the hell out of me) LUT-Settings and select ARRI LOG C, Canon Log... and so on. Now I select this for the ONE clip in the time line and want to copy and paste this attribute to all my clips in the time line but in the copy attribute dialog I do not find any matching settings and I feel like I've already tried them all.

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: how do I copy LUT settings to another clip?
on Sep 6, 2016 at 2:12:20 pm

Look into LUT Utility. Apply it to a clip as an Effect. Define your LUT. Then copy/paste attributes to additional clips:

http://www.colorgradingcentral.com/lututility/

-paul.

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Sep 6, 2016 at 2:31:39 pm

Yeh thank you very much. I already came across this. I thought there might be a free solution or something inside FCPX.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Sep 6, 2016 at 3:49:49 pm

[Michael Paul] "How do I copy my LUT settings to another clip?"

Simply select all the clips that are to be assigned the LUT and set?

- RK

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Sep 6, 2016 at 5:35:39 pm

You apply the built-in LUTs to clips in the clip browser. Select all the appropriate clips there, then apply the LUT using the info panel.

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]