FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thoughts on the vocal enhancement equalization option in FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Thoughts on the vocal enhancement equalization option in FCPX?
on Aug 23, 2016 at 12:07:58 pm

FCP X gives you the option in the inspector of a vocal enhancement preset in the equalization pulldown tab. Do people ever use this or do they just do their own EQ with an effect? Is it a useful option for quickly sweetening audio?

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Thoughts on the vocal enhancement equalization option in FCPX?
on Aug 23, 2016 at 12:53:53 pm

There's actually a "Voiceover Enhancement" audio filter that is in fact THREE filters in one. I use that a lot as a basis for further tweaking, assuming the presets (that are already set to average more voice relevant settings, not flat) don't do what I want.

- RK

Return to posts index

Chris Stevens
on Aug 24, 2016 at 7:52:34 am

I use an Apex Aural Exciter, a plugin from Waves Inc. I was a sound engineer before becoming an editor, and the Apex was and still is a great way to enhance a voice, vocal or instrument, without bringing up the overall gain. Used to use it for TV commercial soundtracks to make it appear louder than the others!

Chris Stevens - Waterline Media. Marine Production Company.
FCPX,Motion,AE, Resolve

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Aug 24, 2016 at 3:59:00 pm

I use the compressor filter in FCPX effects and choose>levels >voice>rap singer. It makes my less than exciting voice over pop and I get fewer comments that it sounds like a dying turtle. Anyway, I am not sure what goes on in the filter, but the results are amazing. There are a lot of other choices in the filter.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Aug 31, 2016 at 2:11:21 pm

Yeah I come from a solid background of audio engineering, so I tend to have my own solutions for things these days. It all depends on the source and just how much and what you need to do it to get it to fit your needs.

In terms of "vocal enhancement" its generally a combination of denoising, eq, some subtle saturation, very slight compression and limiting.

That Waves Aural Exciter is a pretty decent tool actually, Vitamin is great as well for this purpose as well and has little added flexibility. There is a new plugin designed by Andrew Scheps, Parallel Particles, that sounds quite capable for this task as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]