FCPX doesn't like me

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Donaldson
FCPX doesn't like me
on Aug 22, 2016 at 11:25:51 pm

Hi there,
Question from a new member .
I'm cutting a project in FCPX on my mac running El Capitan OS . SPECS - (2.2ghz Intel core i7 , 8gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD6750M1024MB)

My problem is that i tried to import a file from an external drive where i keep all my media and rather than just what i needed, i accidentally highlighted the whole drive and now have thousands of photos from old time lapses as clips. (9999 to be exact). Now when i try to delete the clips it has created i just get stuck in beachball mode and have to force quit to get any responsiveness back.

How do i get rid of all these clips?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Regards

Craig

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: FCPX doesn't like me
on Aug 23, 2016 at 12:53:48 am

When you have huge numbers of files and you want to delete them all at once, I've found that you sometimes just have to be patient. FCPX has to delete them and update the database and it can take quite some time.

Might be faster to create a new library and just copy over what you want to keep.

------

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
Re: FCPX doesn't like me
on Aug 23, 2016 at 3:21:41 am

Yeah maybe just start over and only import the files you need and trash the library that is problematic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]