FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating watermarked proxy for international collaboration with fewest step

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
Creating watermarked proxy for international collaboration with fewest step
on Aug 21, 2016 at 3:44:11 am

I'd like to know if there's a way to create a customized watermark proxy without having to do it twice.

So far I've been able to create a customized proxy workflow with protection watermark. This is absolutely necessary to avoid any misuse of sensitive media when sharing to others internationally.

I choose the external proxy library worfkflow and set it to a common folder. After importing the asset, FCP X would create proxies based on the cam's creation date by adding 2016-01-15 (for example). The nice thing about FCP X proxy is that all it generates proxy media out by the shoot date to the entire folder. After it has been created I'd recreate all of the proxies from whatever generated in the 2016-01-15 folder by tracing back to the raw media (mostly P2 with custom metadata on the clip names). From there I'd simply replace all of the files and the watermarked proxy media would appear. The question at hand is that I have to first select the entire folder name in FXP X, tell it to transcode it to proxy. I'm wondering if I can bypass this step by manually creating the 2016-01-15 and then copy all of the media generated on that day. I have quite a few footage and this will cut the proxy media generation by half.

The downside to this customized proxy workflow is that if I ever select delete generated proxy from library, then all of the time spent in creating the watermark proxy will all be gone.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Creating watermarked proxy for international collaboration with fewest step
on Aug 22, 2016 at 3:00:15 am

I haven't tested this in a couple of versions but creating the folder manually didn't work - I guess because it doesn't end up in the FCPX database - but creating a single proxy clip so the folder got made, then adding all the rest manually worked for me.

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
Re: Creating watermarked proxy for international collaboration with fewest step
on Aug 22, 2016 at 4:49:34 pm

For 10.2.3, the only way FCP X acknowledges that clip has proxy is to create it. There is no other way around it. Fortunately, Compressor has a transparent pass-through encoding feature in which the clip's attributes are preserved (SMPTE TC, # of audio track). The cost here is 2x the encoding time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]