FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPx quits unexpectedly in one particular project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Carlin
FCPx quits unexpectedly in one particular project
on Aug 17, 2016 at 1:41:16 pm

Hi all,

I've looked all over the internet for an answer to this. Im on an edit at the moment, about 15 minutes in and every time i try to drop a piece of footage in the timeline, it just closes. No umbrella, just closes and gives me a message saying that it has quite unexpectedly.

I can't figure out why it has just started doing this. It has never happened before.

It actually appears that it is only happening in one project that i'm using, i tried opening another and it seems fine.

What do you suggest?

Russ

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: FCPx quits unexpectedly in one particular project
on Aug 17, 2016 at 10:50:37 pm

You might try deleting all the render and cache files and/or copying everything except the render and cache files to a new library.

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Aug 17, 2016 at 11:48:05 pm

Ok I will try this and update you. Is this safe? Spent a lot of time on it and don't want to lose it.... if I have to start again then so be it.

I had started with a 10 minute highlight clip that I had previously started and been added. Stuff to it and this is where the trouble started!

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Sep 1, 2016 at 11:22:32 am

It actually just seemed to sort itself out. I didn't drop any clips in to the area that i was trying to... i worked on another area for a while and then when i went back to it, it was fine.

Very odd!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]