FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast way to set all keyframes for Transform, Crop and maybe Distort as well?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Thomas
Fast way to set all keyframes for Transform, Crop and maybe Distort as well?
on Aug 15, 2016 at 4:01:22 pm

I'm animating some photos and doing a lot of clicking on the keyframes for Position, Rotation, Scale, all the way down to Crop/Bottom and sometimes all the Distort positions. That's a lot of clicking. Is there perhaps a single keystroke (or not much more) that will for all of these things set all the keyframes at the current position? I've done all Larry's and Izzy's tutorials but some time ago and I'm hoping I've simply forgotten what's involved. Many thanks in advance.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Fast way to set all keyframes for Transform, Crop and maybe Distort as well?
on Aug 15, 2016 at 7:15:02 pm

I think if you just do it all in the viewer window and click the Keyframe button there it will take care of it. I don't usually click the Keyframes in the inspector.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
Re: Fast way to set all keyframes for Transform, Crop and maybe Distort as well?
on Aug 15, 2016 at 9:27:26 pm

Thanks for that Bret and it certainly helps. I see now that by doing it the way you suggest I can set all keyframes for EITHER the Transform OR Crop set of attributes but not both at the same time. In any case that's going to save me a lot of clicks! Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 17, 2016 at 10:34:53 pm

There is a distort tool. Not sure I've key framed that before.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 23, 2016 at 12:45:44 pm

If the animation is always the same, you can of course simply use the Copy and Paste Attributes commands. Even if just the timing is roughly the same you could use it and simply tweak the keyframes individually as needed, but at least you wouldn't have to set/activate them first.

- RK

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Aug 23, 2016 at 12:55:16 pm

Thanks Bret and Robin. I was aware of the copy and paste of keyframes and it is SO useful. In this case I was overlaying video of a presenter with the material he was presenting and then using (mainly) the Transform keyframes to zoom in and move around. It came out great! Regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]