FORUMS: list search recent posts

Permissions Problem. Won't let me export my film.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Benson
Permissions Problem. Won't let me export my film.
on Aug 14, 2016 at 6:30:36 am

Hey all. So I just finished a half hour film I've been working on for the past 6 months and I'm trying to export it to my friend who's mastering it. However, I've run into a very infuriating problem that has delayed me for some time now.

Every time I try to export my film using the Video & Audio function, a message appears saying I don't have permission and I need to turn on permission for that location. This happens wherever I try to export it. The problem is, I've turned on permission for me in the location I want it in, yet it still gives me the same error message and I can't export it. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really need to get this film out to my friend soon.

I can clarify anything if needed.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Permissions Problem. Won't let me export my film.
on Aug 14, 2016 at 12:37:18 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Aug 14, 2016 at 12:38:09 pm

Mac or PC? Mac, I presume, since this is the FCPX forum. On Mac, try this. Go to the top level of the drive (Get Info) and change permissions to "everyone" and make it apply to everything in the drive. Does that work?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Grant Benson
on Aug 14, 2016 at 12:47:48 pm

I did try that once already yes, it didn't work for that, but just last night I randomly fixed it when I switched my audio roles from separate files to a multitrack QuickTime file. This works I guess, but it's still weird that it can't export separate files.

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
on Aug 14, 2016 at 1:30:15 pm

If you are on a Mac try repair permission with disc utility.

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Aug 14, 2016 at 6:18:41 pm

It could be there is a music file that has an iTunes permission issue in your project. In earlier times, you couldn't export music files purchased on iTunes. I think the issue has gone away for ones purchased now, but I am lot sure how it deals with the old ones. Just a guess.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]