FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem w Reveal In Browser from audio of Synchronized clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mato Ilijic
Problem w Reveal In Browser from audio of Synchronized clips
on Aug 11, 2016 at 8:29:43 am

Hi!

I'm preparing footage for a short film that I'll be editing.
Video comes from Alexa, and audio is multichannel wav files.
I've synced the clips in the manual manner (using slate and markers).

However I experience a strange behaviour with the "Reveal in Browser" command
if the audio is detached from the clip during the editing process:

- Reveal in Browser command from audio of some clips correctly sends me to the "Synchronised clip" in the Event
from which it has been edited into the project/sequence (I consider this to be the correct behaviour)

- but the same command performed on some other clips (which have been created and edited in the same way),
sends me to the "raw" audio wav clip in the Event (I consider this problematic/undesired behaviour).

I can't figure out wether this is a bug in FCPX, or a consequence of something that I'm not aware of.
There is no apparent difference in raw video and audio files, and the same import and syncing procedures
were performed on the whole footage.

Any ideas appreciated...

Thnx,
Mato

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Problem w Reveal In Browser from audio of Synchronized clips
on Aug 11, 2016 at 1:49:52 pm

[Mato Ilijic] "- but the same command performed on some other clips (which have been created and edited in the same way), sends me to the "raw" audio wav clip in the Event (I consider this problematic/undesired behaviour)."
I cannot duplicate this behavior. Whenever I select Open in Browser on a Synchronized Clip it always takes me to the synchronized clip. If I right-click on the clip in the timeline and select Open in Timeline, I can then click on the audio and get to the original raw audio but I do not get this behavior when clicking on the synchronized clip on primary storyline.

I can only assume that it is something about how you make one synchronized clip vs the other which exhibits the correct behavior. Maybe if you tell us more about how you are creating the synchronized clips, someone will spot something in your workflow?

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]