FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plug-in Installed But Not Working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Roberts
Plug-in Installed But Not Working
on Jul 21, 2016 at 6:55:39 pm

Hello- Anyone have any ideas how to "reconnect" a plug-in? I know there isn't really this function, but how else to explain a plug-in that is installed but says it's not?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still have this problem. I've also trashed preferences, caches, etc. using Pro Maintenance Tools. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Plug-in Installed But Not Working
on Jul 21, 2016 at 8:25:13 pm

Which plugin? XFX handler from Spherico might be handy. At the very least it will tell you the path where FCPX thinks the plugin should be ad gives you a way to globally disable/remove it so you can reapply it with the currently installed version.

------

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Fred Roberts
on Jul 21, 2016 at 9:08:59 pm

Hi Jeff- Thanks for your response.

The plug-in is Pixel Film Studios - ProPen. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still nothing. There is an orange render line over the clips.

I just can't even begin to troubleshoot when I can see the plug-in and FCP cannot.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Jul 22, 2016 at 9:56:01 am

Hello Fred,

Kirk already mentioned my XFX tool and that's the only way to do trouble shooting.

That a plug in shows up in the fx browser of FCPX doesn't mean anything in your case.
Re-installing whatever doesn't help either – its just a waste of time (in your case).

Export a XML of the project.
This XML will show you where FCPX expect to find your plugin.
If you don't like to use my software, do a text search in the XML for the plugin in the "resources" section of the XML.
Once found look at the path shown there. It will (in your case) not fit the path of the fx shown in the fx browser of FCPX.
Fix one of those.

-Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Fred Roberts
on Jul 22, 2016 at 9:00:16 pm

Thank you both for your responses. While using the XFX tool I realized that the name of the plug in had been changed in the Finder. This was the problem. When I changed the name back to the original name, it was "reconnected". Strange problem we caused ourselves.

Thanks again for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]