FORUMS: list search recent posts

Droplets - how to skip the Droplet Window confirmation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Loren Risker
Droplets - how to skip the Droplet Window confirmation
on Jul 20, 2016 at 7:04:57 pm

I remember in Compressor 3 you could create a droplet that would just start churning when you dropped a video on it and skip the confirmation dialogue. Is there a way to do that with Compressor 4?

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Droplets - how to skip the Droplet Window confirmation
on Jul 21, 2016 at 11:56:06 am

If you are exporting from FCPX, you can simply add the compressor setting to your share menu and export straight from X with the desired setting.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jul 21, 2016 at 4:17:05 pm

I'm not using this with FCPX, I have a Prores droplet in my Finder toolbar (see attached) which I use to convert files before I go into FCPX or Motion or wherever. It's fast, but it would be even faster without the extra confirmation step.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Music Videos 24/7

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jul 21, 2016 at 4:18:06 pm

Whoops forgot to include the screenshot:

10324_screenshot20160721at9.14.40am.png.zip

-------------

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 21, 2016 at 5:17:42 pm

Is there a reason for not using the integrated ProRes conversion built into FCP? Get editing instantly while the conversion happens in the background? Better question, why convert to prores anyway? If you're on an iMac just editing HD, there's not much need. On a MacPro, or editing 4k, probably should.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jul 21, 2016 at 5:22:40 pm

I don't always use FCPX, and I get lots of odd videos that I need to get into an editing format. For example when I download a gif to use in Motion, no need to go to FCPX or Compressor, I just use the droplet.

-------------

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 21, 2016 at 6:10:53 pm

You download gifs to use in Motion? Is that a thing? :)

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jul 21, 2016 at 6:18:36 pm

Sure, why not? Also youtube clips into Fusion, camera mpeg4 into Blender, motion jpeg into FCPX, you name it. Plenty of odd video formats out there and it's nice to have them all in the same format, and sometimes you have to. Tons of reasons to want to do Prores conversion with as few steps as possible. I suppose I could figure out an ffmpeg command and set it as a finder action but a droplet would be so much easier.

-------------

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jul 25, 2016 at 8:12:52 am

Actually the confirmation window was added upon user request. It gives you the option to modify the default Destination of your Droplet if you wish. This can be very useful because most of us don't want all our encoded files to always go into the same Destination folder. If you don't wish to modify anything, all you need to do is press Return (or press Start Batch).

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]