FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving project form Adobe Premiere CC to Final Cut Pro X (Issues with RED Footage)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Frank
Moving project form Adobe Premiere CC to Final Cut Pro X (Issues with RED Footage)
on Jul 19, 2016 at 8:55:48 am

Hi,

I have received a project as a XML file that was originally created in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3 Release.
All the footage is also available I do understand that all the Dynamic Linked After Effects projects need to ether be rendered out or redo them in Final Cut Pro X.

But for some reason, some of the REDRaw are being displayed as Gaps or Compound Clips which are then represents with Gaps.
One of the error message from the Translation Results is:
Translation issue:
Effect on Clip not translated.

What would the steps be to get the clips to show up?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Moving project form Adobe Premiere CC to Final Cut Pro X (Issues with RED Footage)
on Jul 20, 2016 at 11:33:35 am

Do you have access to Pr and the original project? You'd have to see what was going on at that point in the timeline and either fix it and retranslate or find the footage and replace it in the fcpx timeline. Sounds like perhaps there was some sort of generator or effect at that point?

Also, this should be fairly obvious, but make sure you have the latest software installed from red.

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
Re: Moving project form Adobe Premiere CC to Final Cut Pro X (Issues with RED Footage)
on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:11:02 pm

Check, Red is up to date! ;)
I do have access to Premiere and I didn't see anything unusually. Unless, I am not seeing something that I should.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 21, 2016 at 5:24:12 pm

It could be a speed change or filter?

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on Jul 25, 2016 at 8:26:21 am

There are some speed changes but not on all the clips.

Effects wise it is a mess.... there are effects the clips within the timeline and effects on the master clip.

I guess I have clear them all out. Is there a fast way to do this with out jumping to clip to clip?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 25, 2016 at 2:05:53 pm

Select the clips, right click, and choose "remove effects".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]