FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finer control over effect parameters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
Finer control over effect parameters
on Jul 15, 2016 at 1:42:17 am
Last Edited By Jason Jenkins on Jul 15, 2016 at 1:44:42 am

I'm using Hawaiki AutoSplit and I'm trying to adjust the position of the images, so they fit together seamlessly across the screen. I can't get them lined up because the position controls will only allow me to adjust them in tenths. I've always had trouble getting fine control in the inspector, but it's finally reached the point of, "There's gotta be a better way!".

If I select the number and use the up/down arrow keys, it adjusts by tenths. Using any keyboard modifiers gives the same result. If I try typing a number, out to the hundredths, it just rounds to a tenth. If I click and 'scroll' with my stylus, the results are erratic. This particular effect has no on-screen controls.

What am I missing?

Jason Jenkins
Better Video Starts Here

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Finer control over effect parameters
on Jul 15, 2016 at 3:55:29 pm

I'd write Hawaiki and ask about it. Simon and team are very helpful. I'd imagine they would have to adjust parameters to get them to get you a bit more fine control. Usually holding option is what softens the range, but if it's not working for you, the fix will need to come from the developer.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jul 15, 2016 at 7:49:51 pm

Are you using multiple sizes or all the same size?

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jul 15, 2016 at 9:57:30 pm

[Nick Toth] "Are you using multiple sizes or all the same size?
"

They are all the same size. I ended up buying the mFrame plugin from motionvfx. It's the third, and best, split screen plugin I've tried so far.

Jason Jenkins
Better Video Starts Here

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jul 18, 2016 at 1:12:58 pm

All you have to do is apply one of the presets to each clip and set the x and y values.

If you have three across you use the A1 preset on each clip and set the x values to 0, .5 and 1.

For 3X2 use C1 and set the X values on each clip to 0, .5 and 1 for left, middle and right and the y values to 0 for the lower row and 1 for the upper row. etc.

Not sure why you're having a problem with Hawaiki. I use it all the time with no issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]