FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere to FCPX multicam question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erick Wilczynski
Premiere to FCPX multicam question
on Jul 13, 2016 at 9:55:28 pm

So I'm AEing a project in PPCC and the director/editor decided he wants to try to switch to FCPX.
I'm a little green with FCP X so I'm not sure how to do this smoothly.

In Premiere I created a sync timelines then duplicated and turned those into multicam timelines. I know I can't import the multicam TLs in FCP so here's where I'm stuck.

I imported my Sync TL just fine.
I want to multicam from my TL in FCPX.

Is there anyway to do this?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Premiere to FCPX multicam question
on Jul 13, 2016 at 11:18:56 pm

If all you've done so far in Premiere is create Multicam wouldn't it be easier just to start again in FCPX? It's syncing and Multicam workflows are quick and would probably take less time and give you a better foundation to edit from than messing around with bringing stuff over form another NLE.

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Erick Wilczynski
on Jul 13, 2016 at 11:20:44 pm

It's 5 weeks of footage and nearly 100 hours.
It would be great to not have to redo it.

But I may have to start fresh.

-E
-vimeo.com/36013051 (reel)
-RambozMediaGroup.com (production house)

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Jul 14, 2016 at 5:27:41 pm

Do you have jam synced timecode? If so, you should look into Sync-N-Link X ($199). This will knock out your duties in no time at all.

Also, media management and organization is extremely critical in FCPX. Make sure you spend your spare time prepping by learning as much as your can about these topics in FCPX. Luckily, Premiere has borrowed many of FCPX's ideas on this, so think of Smart Collections as Search Bins, but subjects like Keywording vs. Bins are very important to have a solid grasp on. It's not particularly difficult, honestly it's much easier than in FCP7, Ppro, or Avid, but it is very different.

There are countless great courses on the subject, but my recommendation would be to check out RippleTraining.com or Lynda.com.

NickZimmerman.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]