FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicaming Symlinks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Nathalie
Multicaming Symlinks
on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:08:35 pm

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with symlinks in FCPX 10.2.2.

BACKGROUND

I'm using a 27-inch, late 2013 iMac. Processor: 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7. Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (divided in a x 8 GB memory slots).

My FCPX project and the orignal media is located on an external hard drive.

When I transferred these files from the camera card to my external hard drive, I create a folder for each of the cards and named them something along the lines of "CAM A - CARD 1", "CAM A - CARD 2 ", "CAM B - CARD 1", etc... and then I would copy the entire "CONTENTS" folder from the card into one of those folders on the external hard drive.

I called up Larry Jordan to help resolve these issues and he told me to do a Safeboot and Delete my FCPX preferences, so I did both of those procedures and it did not resolve the following issues.

----PROBLEM #1----

I have imported media (that is located on the external hard drive) via symlinks only to my FCPX project (also located on the external hard drive) and all is working fine until I make a multicam.

When I do that, I get this message:

"Camera Clips Selected
Camera clips cannot be processed. You must import/reimport these first in order to proceed."

And seeing as my only option is "OK", when I press that, media starts to import, and it is not just the media needed for the multicam; a lot of other random media that is symlinked in the library starts to import.

----PROBLEM #2----

Another problem I also run into is when my day is done and I put everything away, I need to shut down the FCPX library and computer, and eject the drive, and so on. When I go to reopen the library the next day, all the media that was symlinked is unlinked.

Thanks everyone in advance for helping out with these issues!

Best,
Max

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Multicaming Symlinks
on Jul 11, 2016 at 3:59:56 pm

[Max Nathalie] "I have imported media (that is located on the external hard drive) via symlinks only to my FCPX project (also located on the external hard drive)"

How, exactly, did you do this?

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]