FORUMS: list search recent posts

Force Motion Blur in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Martin
Force Motion Blur in FCP
on Jul 7, 2016 at 8:43:50 pm

I've got some 900fps footage ramping from real time to super slow-mo. Normally I'd take the clip in to AE and do the retime there adding CC Force Motion blur to get realistic motion blur. My workflow this time deicates that the retime is done in FCP. So, is there a way I can get a similar effect to force motion blur in FCP? Happy to buy plugins if needs be.

I've tried tried turning on frame blending and optical flow, but I'm not getting proper blur. The subject is a fast spinning mechanical object (think electrical drill-bit speed).

Any tips?

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Force Motion Blur in FCP
on Jul 7, 2016 at 9:56:36 pm

I made this little Motion template to do a similar thing. Set the strobe rate to the frame rate of your sequence. Then you can adjust the wide-time settings to get some motion blur. Not sure if it will work or not with your particular situation, but worth a shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmervnl8q42hdje/Strobe.zip?dl=1

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

James Martin
on Jul 13, 2016 at 11:04:04 am

Thanks Brett. In the end I didn't use your template, because I'd already come across a different technique.

If anyone stumbles across this thread looking for the same answer be sure to check out Brett's solution, or this one:
http://www.provideocoalition.com/motion-blur-in-final-cut-pro-x-via-motion/

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Jul 14, 2016 at 5:30:26 pm

This is one of my all time favorite plugins, Reel Smart Motion Blur.

NickZimmerman.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]