FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Xavier
FCPX Error
on Jul 5, 2016 at 8:09:30 am

Since the past couple of days Ive been getting this error. Don't know how to resolve this. The projects are saved in the harddisk from where I edit. Do let me know how do I resolve this.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: FCPX Error
on Jul 5, 2016 at 1:30:55 pm

Check permissions on that drive.
Use Disk Utility.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jul 6, 2016 at 9:36:48 am

Also, what went wrong that you are opening a backup file instead of the original library?

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 6, 2016 at 8:14:31 pm

No more permissions repair in El Capitan Disk Utility I'm afraid.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jul 7, 2016 at 3:37:46 am

[Bret Williams] "No more permissions repair in El Capitan Disk Utility I'm afraid."

You can still do it via the terminal or use Onyx.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 8, 2016 at 1:57:08 am

Step 1, reenter where you want the media, render files, and FC backups kept using the first dialog box that opened.

Step 2, consolidate media to that same folder (drive) - highlight the library, then in the inspector info tab, you'll see the consolidate button. If you are saving everything to the library, that's the default option.

Step 2, reimport all your original media from wherever you are saving the media.

If it is a permissions issue, select the drive that is no long granting permission, then get info (command-I) , unlike the lock at the bottom right, and see if you have read-write permission. Including all enclosed folders If you do, then repair permissions.

Most of the time if I get this error, a re-import will solve the problem. And I just reimport everything. FC will only update missing stuff and it will do it much faster than the time it took to do it the first time. I find it less hit or miss than trying to use " re-link files,"

Are you sharing the drive/media with another editor?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]