FORUMS: list search recent posts

projects hidden by Event Manager X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Fass
projects hidden by Event Manager X
on Jul 2, 2016 at 6:41:31 pm

Without thinking, I've upgraded OS X and FCP enough to make Event Manager X unusable. I have Final Cut Library Manager now, but still have this problem:

I left some events and projects in the "hidden" folders that EMX created. FCP and FCLM have limited ability to see these files. So far I've been able to import the events if I want to create new projects for them. But the hidden projects don't show up in the Libraries window, and the Update Projects and Libraries and Other dialogs don't bring them up. They aren't in the backups, either. I've tried copying a hidden project folder to the root level of the drive, but that doesn't help.

The last time I needed to deal with these projects was in 10.0.9. I know I shoulda looked before I jumped.

Is there anything I can do through the finder? I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but not sure what. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: projects hidden by Event Manager X
on Jul 2, 2016 at 8:38:01 pm

It's been a long, long time since I used Event Manager X but apart from keeping track of what was where in its database, I don't remember it doing anything that you couldn't do manually in the Finder.

Just move the projects and events from the Hidden folder into the normal location (sorry, can't remember what that is - those dark days of FCPX project management are best forgotten)

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]