FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Import HDV 1080/60i files into FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
How to Import HDV 1080/60i files into FCP X
on Jun 30, 2016 at 4:44:36 am

I'm new to FCP X. All my video come from my Sony Z cams as HDV 1080/60i recorded to CF cards. I have EditReady to convert these files to ProRes 422. However, at the end of the edit and I create files for DVD, I encounter interlace issues.

That is the proven method of importing HDV files into FCP X and output clean images for DVD and Blu-ray?

I am not using the built-in DVD/BD SHARE options since they offer zero professional menu creations.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: How to Import HDV 1080/60i files into FCP X
on Jun 30, 2016 at 7:45:22 am

[Ken Bennett] "I am not using the built-in DVD/BD SHARE options since they offer zero professional menu creations."

Try them as a test, then decide if you can live without a bells and whistles menu.

You can make a nice simple one in FCP X, just no easter eggs and deep function menus.

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Jun 30, 2016 at 5:10:25 pm

I will try that, but the tiny window showing the main menu screen is so small you can't see what it looks like or edit any of the text on it. And I have an iMac 27".

I do process a lot of programs to disk that only require a static main menu to play one program. For programs that require lots of chapter stops and higher end wedding multi menus for DVD and BD, I use Encore.

I think I found a process on how to import HDV 1080/60i data and make it progressive to eliminate the interlace problem. Testing that now. But if somebody has a workflow already, let me know. I don't want to have to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jul 2, 2016 at 9:14:27 pm

As far as workflow goes, I usually just bring the HDV files into FCPX, highlight them, go to the info pane and tell X to deinterlace them.

The burn DVD dialog inherits it's text and title for the projectso you don't need to use the preview window to change the text, and for the graphic, I created a DVD then took a screenshot of the menu to work from, then made a Photoshop template that lets me put whatever graphic I choose in the right spot.

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]