FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio after importing! FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Hartwell
No audio after importing! FCPX
on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:09:40 pm

I have a cannon T3i, I have been troubleshooting this situation for some time now! After I import into FCP I lose audio, and I have to export it to quicktime, export audio, and then import it into FCP. The reason this is happening is, because I use a rodes external mic. When I record with my T3, and do not use a external mic it imports everything fine. How can I fix this? I need my good audio with my external mic, but tired of taking the extra step importing my audio. Something is going on with FCP! Because when I use Premiere Pro it imports everything fine with no issues! Someone help, so I can continue using FCP.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: No audio after importing! FCPX
on Jun 27, 2016 at 7:00:52 pm

Is this checked in your preferences? It may be mistakenly removing the audio on import. I leave it unchecked.

Return to posts index

Steven Hartwell
on Jun 27, 2016 at 7:07:51 pm

Thank you! That worked. I feel like a idiot with something so simple.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jun 27, 2016 at 7:19:37 pm

[Steven Hartwell] "I feel like a idiot with something so simple."

Don't be hard on yourself, I'm going on five years of using this thing and I still have forehead slapping moments several times a week.

This one gets filed under them solving a problem nobody I know of asked to be solved.

Return to posts index

Edward Levinson
on Jul 7, 2017 at 10:22:45 am

If anyone is watching this thread, I have the same problem just now on first import into 10.3. Do I need to delete all the clips with no audio and then re-import without that bottom check mark? Thanks in advance, Ed

Return to posts index

Edward Levinson
on Jul 7, 2017 at 10:41:09 am

Just tried and seems I have to re-import to get the sounds and video together as one clip. Moved all the files without audio to Trash and importing the originals again. The sound now is coming in after unchecking the bottom check. Its going to take a lot of time though :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]