FORUMS: list search recent posts

A question about title clip's names.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wu Zhengjiang
A question about title clip's names.
on Jun 27, 2016 at 9:34:43 am

Recently I had to add subtitle for every dialogue in an infomercial. There is strange thing about title clip's name.
First I found if I Option+drag to duplicate a new title clip, the new copy automatically named like this "Basic Title: original text". After I double click the new copy and change the text, the clip's name will automatically follow the new text, the clip's name hence will be changed to, for example "Basic Title: new text".
It's of course amazing. But when I zoom out the time line, all I can see now are title clips with same name "Basic Ti...".
It sucks.
Now I delete the "Basic Title:" in info tab.
Well, then everything is ruined. When I duplicate this altered clip, the clip's name will stop following the new text I enter.
Is there a way to let the clip's name follow the text even after deleting the "Basic Title:"?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: A question about title clip's names.
on Jun 27, 2016 at 4:24:12 pm

Change the name in the inspector?

Return to posts index

Wu Zhengjiang
on Jun 28, 2016 at 1:26:53 am

Yes. But my question is that FCPX obviously has some hidden features that change title clip's name automatically. I just don't know how that works.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 28, 2016 at 2:10:42 am

I'm not sure I'm following exactly what you're saying, but changing the name of the title generator in the inspector doesn't get what you need?

Return to posts index

Wu Zhengjiang
on Jun 29, 2016 at 12:26:54 am

Never mind. I think what I need is probably not possible in FCPX. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 29, 2016 at 3:15:02 pm

I think I see what you're saying.

The work around would be to make a Motion Template from one of your subtitles (or dupe the basic text and modify it by right click the title in the title generators browser, and choose "Open in Motion") and keep the name simple like "ST" for subtitle, or anything really like "*".

Then do your subtitle work, and when you change the text, it will be named "ST:New Text"

Also, you can look in the timeline index, sort by titles, and see a better representation of what and where your title is named.

Like this:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]