FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get RAW file (dvc pro hd) imported on Final Cut Pro X onto PC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Kubasek
How to get RAW file (dvc pro hd) imported on Final Cut Pro X onto PC
on Jun 25, 2016 at 8:05:17 pm

I'm working on a video project for a local shop with a friend, His work flow is a Panasonic HVX200a, Mac using Final Cut Pro X , Clips imported via Firewire straight into Final Cut X.
My work flow is PC using Sony Vegas. I want to get his raw clips uploaded into final cut x onto my PC and into Sony Vegas in there RAW Files, or as close as possible.
I've tried to simply render the clips from Final Cut X and send to myself but i feel there was a noticeable quality loss, i've tried sending just the RAW file and adding it to the timeline but windows cant read the codec, i've also tried a software called "Calibrated" Which had came close to what i needed but it had changed the flie size from 1280 by 720 into a strange 1248 by 702. If anyone has addressed this problem before or has any ideas to what i can do i'd appreciate any help i can get.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How to get RAW file (dvc pro hd) imported on Final Cut Pro X onto PC
on Jun 26, 2016 at 4:35:19 pm

The is no RAW DVCPro HD.

He should import that files into FCPX, and he should send you the DVCPro HD QuickTime files. They are lossless rewraps of the original files.

Calibrated should then decode the files on the windows side, with no loss.

The weird frame size is simply a display frame size used by QuickTime, but does not represent the encoded pixels.

Return to posts index

Dean Kubasek
Re: How to get RAW file (dvc pro hd) imported on Final Cut Pro X onto PC
on Jun 26, 2016 at 10:02:38 pm

Thanks! i'm still learning about the hvx and dvc pro hd. I got my problem solved. I had attempted what you had said before i made this post but i over looked a small detail it would open in Vegas in the incorrect aspect ratio, My mistake was i trying to fix the issue with the pan crop and the frame size, rather than simply right clicking and un-checking the maintain aspect ratio box in the clips properties.
Thanks again for you help!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]