FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Titles and Generators in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Kelsey
Missing Titles and Generators in FCPX
on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:48:08 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. I have a project with all of the original media stored in the FCPX library on an external hard drive. I used Motion 5 to create a generator and a title for this project. Everything was great until I had to sell that computer and upgrade to a newer one. I knew the generator and title needed to not only be in the motion templates folder, but have the same filename and be put in the same folder. So on the new computer, I located the same folders and I copied the files in place. So I believe everything is where it should be and titled appropriately. For some reason when I open FCPX all of those generators and titles are missing with no way to relink them or see the file chain. What's weird is I can see them in the effects library. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: Missing Titles and Generators in FCPX
on Jun 24, 2016 at 8:18:20 am

Hi,

There is a kind of common problem creating "Template Paths" manually.

In Finder a path a) like "~/Movies/Motion Templates/Titles/myTitle" and a path b) like "~/Movies/Motion Templates/Titles/myTitle" obviously look like the same.
If you have a detailed view (for example pressing cmd-I) you will see the difference.
Path a): "~/Movies/Motion Templates/Titles/myTitle"
Path b) "~/Movies/Motion Templates.localized/Titles.localized/myTitle"

Path b) is be the correct one.
Final Cut needs "/Motion Templates.localized/TemplateTypea.localized/" path (i.e. the '.localized' extension).

So check the paths you created.

-Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]