FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I make a new event from clips in a timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Can I make a new event from clips in a timeline?
on Jun 22, 2016 at 4:27:53 pm

I've been logging a project with 150 hours of footage. I have a few different projects that have clips I like and I wanna play with. What I want to do is create events that have just those clips. This way I can re-order them by date or other metrics, and I can more effectively wade through them. Is there any way to do something like that?

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: Can I make a new event from clips in a timeline?
on Jun 22, 2016 at 6:26:11 pm

I would recommend finding some tutorials on keyword collections and smart collections.

I like the Ripple Training series for most topics.

This will get you started. http://www.rippletraining.com/free-videos/metatag-and-organize-your-media-i...

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jun 22, 2016 at 6:33:36 pm

I know how to do those things. I've already keyworded and favorited the heck out of it. I could I imagine place a keyword on everything in the project and play with the library given to me by that keyword. Although I wonder if there's an even simpler way.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jun 22, 2016 at 6:54:20 pm

I guess I'm not following what you are trying to do. Are you trying to reorder an edit via keywords?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 23, 2016 at 12:23:58 pm

Can't you just make the Event and drag your clips in that?

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jun 23, 2016 at 4:47:30 pm

I tried. I made an event, selected all, and tried to drag but it didn't do anything, presumably cause the parent clips are in other events. Other ideas?

Again, I keyworded and favorited the heck out of the library, and while doing it, I made projects that have highlights. I wanna re-order those projects to chronological order, and I figure the best way to do that is get them in an event or tag them, and then I can look at that event or keyword. Although I wonder if there is a better way.

Return to posts index

Dan Lujan
on Jun 23, 2016 at 5:51:39 pm

Try making a Smart Collection for USED media, then creating a new, empty Event. You should be able to see just the clips in your timeline and then Option-drag them (so they also remain in the old Event) into the new Event .

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 24, 2016 at 10:58:18 pm

Or better, simply drag them to a keyword collection in the same event. There's really no reason to have multiple events in a library the majority of the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]