FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you recover files on formatted SD card?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Efosa Osaghae
Can you recover files on formatted SD card?
on Jun 20, 2016 at 3:58:11 pm

So, my cameraman carelessly reformatted an SD card before I had fully imported footage to Final Cut.

It looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/e70sUlf.png

When I first imported the footage into Final Cut, all the files played but once I took the SD card out and my cameraman formatted it, and i put the SD card back again some files got delinked. So, some files carried over. And some didn't.

The SD was reformatted yesterday. And we have added some files to the card now as we shot footage but none of the original file names have been written over.
is there anyway, I can get this footage back?

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
Re: Can you recover files on formatted SD card?
on Jun 20, 2016 at 7:41:15 pm

I had this come up once a few years ago. I formatted a card that had not been backed up, but did not record over it. I used Rescue pro Deluxe and got all the files I needed off the card without problem.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jun 20, 2016 at 8:41:14 pm

I think the OP was also saying they started shooting with the card again after the format. They may be able to get some of it back though.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Jun 20, 2016 at 9:10:43 pm

I the card was formatted and had additional new material recorded to it, then some of the desired files may be over written and useless. Rescue Pro deluxe will recover files on a formatted card, but that files that have been overwritten, just to be clear.

I would run that app anyway which will get back anything that was not recorded over.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]