FORUMS: list search recent posts

External sharing between (2) computers

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
External sharing between (2) computers
on Jun 16, 2016 at 11:59:41 pm

I'm not certain how to ask this, but if you want to edit the same project but on two separate computers--can you just let FCPX share the same project file using an external drive by simply plugging-in and un-plugging the drive between the (2) computers? Or do you have to set it up differently from the beginning? Will FCPX on either computer, see the project file (and all media and assets) as long as they are on the same external?

Thanks...

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: External sharing between (2) computers
on Jun 17, 2016 at 12:30:29 am

Since v10.1 libraries are more similar to the way project files were in FCP 7>.

You can open your library on another system you just need to double click it or you can go to file-open library.

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Jun 17, 2016 at 1:21:03 am

That great Darren. I hoping that it would be as simple as that.

One question though:

I have some media files shot on an iPhone that was imported originally into the Mac OS App "Photos". I cant figure out how to get those files into the media browser of FCPX. You can drag them from within FCP Photo access button on the R side, into the timeline directly, but you cant set in and out points. You have to drag the entire file.

Do you know how to get those files into the media browser so one can set in and outs?

Thanks again!

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Jun 17, 2016 at 5:22:02 am

I would select it in photo, go to File>Export
choose Export 1 Video Unmodified--and choose where to put the export on your disk.
Then in FCPX import media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]