FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frequent crashes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabrizio D'Agnano
Frequent crashes
on Jun 14, 2016 at 9:43:18 am

Hello.
In the last two weeks I'm experiencing very frequent crashes while editing. I'm working on a complex project based on a lot of archive footage stored on two external USB3 raids, with a 2013 MBPr and BMG UltraStudio Mini Monitor. FCPX quits and I need to re-launch it, and the warning message I get is "Final Cut Pro unexpectedly quit during the use of the DeckLinkFcpxCMIO plugin. What can be the cause?
Thank you!

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2014 MacBook Pro Retina, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.9.4

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Frequent crashes
on Jun 14, 2016 at 11:23:22 am

The Black Magic driver is probably the cause. I've not had an issue with it crashing but there are plenty of others who have. So far there's been no sign of a fix from either Black Magic or Apple.

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Jun 14, 2016 at 1:25:19 pm

Now that I'm thinking about it, it all started after I installed the new BMD drivers. Maybe I should revert to the previous ones, that were pretty safe.
Thank you!

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2014 MacBook Pro Retina, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.9.4

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jun 14, 2016 at 1:45:42 pm

I'm still running Blackmagic drivers 10.4.3 on OS 10.11.5, FCPX version 10.2.3. It's the most stable drivers I've found so far.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 14, 2016 at 3:24:59 pm

I've tried them and they crash my system just as bad as the current ones. For me, the changing factor was El Capitan. Doesn't matter what drivers. So I went out and bought an AJA. All fixed.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 15, 2016 at 5:13:58 pm

[Bret Williams] "For me, the changing factor was El Capitan"

I'm still on Yosemite and it crashes a lot with Blackmagic.

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Jun 16, 2016 at 8:38:22 am

Yes, it's about three years I'm using the BMD Mini Monitor, but it's always been pretty stable. I don't remember experiencing crashes until a few weeks ago. I've also tried installing an older version of the driver after removing the latest one, but FCPX is unexpectedly quitting very often. I am also concerned about all this resulting in a corrupted project.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 14, 2016 at 12:09:27 pm

Getting an AJA T-Tap seems to help. The Blackmagic drivers are very crashy in FCPX.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Jun 15, 2016 at 11:41:45 pm

Yep. The BM drivers are the culprit. Will have to shell out money now for AJA TTap. But can't monitor Resolve though.
Is there a problem in having both AJA and BM drivers installed in the same comp? No conflicts etc? So that I can have T-Tap when I'm using FCP and BM when I'm using Resolve. Won't have both IOs connected at the same time though.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]