FORUMS: list search recent posts

(Rolling) Credits plug-in?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juergen steinbrecher
(Rolling) Credits plug-in?
on May 28, 2016 at 7:53:14 am

Hey guys,

I have been wondering if there are any nice (rolling) credits plug-ins for FCPX out there. I tried to do it in FCPX with, well, mildly impressive results. I followed a few tutorials, and it is gruelling work and on top of it, it looks not really appealing.

Do you have any good suggestions for credit plug ins?

Thanks,

J├╝rgen

Return to posts index

Marco Feil
Re: (Rolling) Credits plug-in?
on May 28, 2016 at 8:55:33 am

Have you tried Manifesto? A free FXFactory plugin:
https://fxfactory.com/info/manifesto/

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on May 28, 2016 at 9:24:23 am

I'll add a second vote for manifesto. Use it all the time.

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

juergen steinbrecher
on May 28, 2016 at 4:40:05 pm

alright, thanks. I will give it try!

Best,
J.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 5, 2016 at 4:44:19 pm

Granted it could be better but there are a lot of mods within FCP X rollin credits if you play with all the variables within the inspector. And you can blow the whole thing up by closing the browser and library and double clicking the title in the viewer. If you have tried all of this then yeah it could be better. If not this is way better than typing in the little box in the inspector text window.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 5, 2016 at 7:38:18 pm

I agree it could be better. When I do occasionally run into a spate of random crashes, it's typically when I'm working with TEXT in X. Thankfully, with the X constant save approach, it's more an annoyance than an actual problem. Happens to me with Manifesto too - so I think it's something fundamental in the OS or the app itself in text handling that causes X grief, but pure speculation on my part.

After decades of "font conflicts" and historic postscript printer hang-ups and the like, I have a pretty high tolerance for text system screw-ups, but I probably shouldn't. It would certainly be excellent if some future update to X took care of the nagging stuff like font handling (and easier keyframe manipulation) once and for all.

Still not even remotely enough to make me re-think the program. More like pulling out the ice-cream and realizing I don't have any chocolate sauce.

Not a big deal, but I can dream, can't I?

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 5, 2016 at 9:22:37 pm

For years, I've had intermittent crashes (destructive ones) with word and excel. If I frequently save it's not a problem and OS X does auto recover some of it, though it looses the file name and it's a pain. maybe the issue is with certain fonts. I don't know. Until you said this Bill, I assumed it was an MS issue on a Mac rather than an OS system wide concern. It's curious that frequent bugs go unaddressed in this age of IOS profits and frequent updates.

But text editing in FCP X is not the only time I've had FCPX crash only to have to reopen and pick up where I left off with nothing lost. Even the relaunch is fast. Which is not typical of most crashes. Another thing that happens is features in X get weirded out and that can often be addressed with a computer reboot. All minor annoyances though there is always that anxiety that things could be worse than they turn out to be.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 5, 2016 at 11:19:40 pm

[Craig Alan] "But text editing in FCP X is not the only time I've had FCPX crash only to have to reopen and pick up where I left off"

Hope I didn't imply that. I've had other occasional glitches that require re-starting even when I'm doing nothing with text. Some of it just seems to be a mystery.

Regarding the font thing - I had plenty of issues in my early days where I eventually tracked the problem to a corrupt type family or even a specific font.

It's not the ONLY cause, but a possible one. If your system is loaded with older fonts that you seldom (or never) use, I think it's always good practice to clean things up now and then.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]