FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Vickers
Missing project
on May 22, 2016 at 4:40:06 pm

HI I'm running 10.2.3, I'm traveling, shooting and editing. I made an event - created a project worth 9 hours, backed everythingup and now in the project is missing, both on the hard drive, the back up and all the FCP back ups.

has anyone had this or any clue how to find the missing projects?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Missing project
on May 22, 2016 at 10:30:48 pm

Not sure I understand what you mean by "a project worth 9 hours."
Do you mean you put 9 hours worth of content into a project?
If so, isn't that content still in the Event?
What did you do to it?
Did you edit it?
Did you do other processing to it?
What did you name it?
Do you know what date and time you originally created it?

Answering these questions can help you determine where it might be - or if there was some fundamental glitch in how you were working that messed things up.

For example, upon initial import - all your footage (9 hours?) doesn't magically get sucked into X. It starts the process of processing the footage in the background and just presents you with low rez temp files in order to let you get to work editing. At that point, depending on how you're managing your Original/Optimized/Proxy caches - you may or may not be interrupting processes if you don't ever give the software time to do it's basic work before you shut down the program.

Basically, we need more info to help.

New signature under construction and coming soon. Please stand by...

Return to posts index

Dave Vickers
on May 23, 2016 at 5:20:09 am

HI Bill

I apologise for my frantic message. The project was 3 minutes, it took me 9 hours to edit and colour etc. Its a Library with footage from 1 event, a day shoot at a golf tournament. I use an external hardrive to work from but I keep a hard back up on my system at the end of each day. The Library is full, so no issues there, all clips in tact. The project itself has simply disappeared. It was named 'Belfry_TAWGC'. I've tried many things to find the project. It seems like a really strange problem as I closed FCP correctly, disconnected my hard drive correctly - however, the main library, the back up library and the auto back up's in 'Movies/FinalCutPro Backups' all contain no project. I have had to remake the project which is a nightmare but done now. However I'm now very concerned that this can happen and I can lose work so easily.

I do many golf events and I create a new event for each location, each contains 1or 2 projects only.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Vickers
on May 23, 2016 at 5:51:04 am

Also Bill,

I can only think that for some reason the projects are being wiped from my libraries as I open FCP X on my system. I can be the only explanation for there being no projects in the back up files. With this in mind is there another way I can back up the project files. massively important for me to not lose them.

thanks again

Dave

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 23, 2016 at 12:52:45 pm

Projects rarely disappear on their own. Try clearing the search field in the Library. That is usually the cause of 'disappearing' projects.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Dave Vickers
on May 27, 2016 at 2:27:58 pm

It was the first thing i tried Noah. No luck there I'm afraid. It never re appeared anywhere.I had to do the project all over again. Very worrying that this can happen and there seems to be no solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]