FORUMS: list search recent posts

A transition similar to this one?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dondré Gumbs
A transition similar to this one?
on May 14, 2016 at 4:17:25 am

Hello!

I'm back with another question. Does anyone know of a transition I can buy or download similar to ones found in his video? The first one is at about :22.

It's basically like a magnifying glass going over the lens, and with it covering the lens, it changes to the next scene. Is there any transition currently out there similar to this? Or is there any simple way to duplicate this effect?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: A transition similar to this one?
on May 14, 2016 at 8:05:34 am

It's a circle/ iris wipe with a border and with the center off screen a bit. Should be in your transitions and be able to recreate something similar.

Return to posts index

Dondré Gumbs
on May 14, 2016 at 8:17:36 am

Thank you for your response! I played around with it for a little bit and got something pretty close. For the circle transition, it either does open or close, but it sends like in the video it's not doing either? Or is it opening? Also, to get it to set center at the end, would I need to keyframe the center point from off center/off screen to center?

Thanks for the help so far!

Return to posts index

Dondré Gumbs
on May 14, 2016 at 8:30:21 am

Update (sorry for the multiple responses). It seems like if I set the center point to of screen at any corner then set the x/y coordinates to 0 by either the halfway or the 3/4 mark (still testing), I can make a very similar transition. The last question is, though, that the border is both colored and feathered, but it seems like with the preset you can only choose one or the other. I'm trying to achieve the out of focus effect on this transition. Any idea on how to achieve that?

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on May 15, 2016 at 2:24:05 pm

There is also some distortion going on too. A combination of circle wipe and Lens Whack would do the trick. Put the lens whack in an adjustment layer above the transition.

https://fxfactory.com/blog/effects-2/final-cut-pro-x-lens-whack-effect/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]