FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicate of all clips in library

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yves Bourgeois
Duplicate of all clips in library
on May 12, 2016 at 2:33:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a big broadcast show contains a large amount of clips that reside inside of one event, divided up into different keyword collections. Somewhere along the line there was a duplicate of every clip created in the event. What's really strange is that each duplicate links back to the same file. For example, we will have two instances of CAMA952 that point to the exact same file, CAMEA952.MOV. We are also working with proxies, and again there was only one proxi made for every file so that even in proxi mode, you have two clips that point to the same file.

All the media (except for proxies) are housed outside the library and for consistency between computers, we are on 10.1.3. The library and files are all housed on the same drive so we can move between systems.

Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour before? And can you foresee any major pitfalls? So far, it does not seem to effect the edit or performance of the system but I'm worried that we will run into to big problems later on in the edit or the export to sound mix and colour.

We are unsure at what point this happened, but we are positive that it was not the case when I first started on the edit. I am the main editor, but occasionally the library is used by the assistant to add or sync material, and the the director goes in from time to time so perhaps something happened then. My gut tells me that the best thing would be start fresh, but it is a massif project that already has a ton of work in syncing, organizing, keywording and editing. Basically it is impossible to start from scratch at this point.

I know I'm not asking a direct question here, but any advice or thoughts are very much welcomed.

yb

** Also posted on FCP.co

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: Duplicate of all clips in library
on May 13, 2016 at 4:42:05 am

A way to avoid it is to bring in any new sequences and media via copying an event from one library to another. This checks the clips inside the transfer event against the library it's being copied to and avoids duplicate clips.

You should be able to delete the dupe clips, worst case you can reject them so they don't get used.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]