FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone have instructions/tutorial for using Izotope RX4 as a plugin within FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Anyone have instructions/tutorial for using Izotope RX4 as a plugin within FCP X?
on May 4, 2016 at 11:41:48 pm

I have Izotope RX4. I know how to use it as a standalone tool, but it's not exactly the same when it's a plugin within FCP X. I didn't see tutorials or instructions online. Anyone know where i can find tutorials or a manual for using the program as a plugin?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Anyone have instructions/tutorial for using Izotope RX4 as a plugin within FCP X?
on May 5, 2016 at 12:39:07 am

I use RX all the time but while I can't point to a tutorial I will say that the plugin loses a lot of functionality within FCPX. It is really difficult to grab a sample for noise reduction for instance when you;re limited to FCPX's controls. Not to mention that without something like the spectrum display, you're virtually trying to repair audio blind.

I've also had RX crash FCPX from time to time and have ended up having to uninstall RX just so I could open a project again. painful at best.

Anyway, if you want to know if you can or can't do something specific with RX inside FCPX feel free to ask and I'll help if I can but my advice would be either export and use it standalone or as a plugin inside a real audio tool like Audition.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Anyone have instructions/tutorial for using Izotope RX4 as a plugin within FCP X?
on May 16, 2016 at 2:17:07 pm

THere's only a handful of things I do inside FCP X with iZotope. Dereverb works pretty well. Dialogue Denoiser. Regular Denoiser is just to much trouble to get a noise print, so I always do it in the stand alone. Of course you can save a preset in the stand alone and have access to it within the plug-in. I'll occasionally do that. I also prefer to take the real-time processing load off FCP X by doing it in the stand alone.

My process for external processing. Create a folder called Audio Tweaks in the Media folder. Mute other tracks (Keystroke v). Mark in and out on timeline. Export to AIFF. Right click AIFF to open in RX4. Process. Save RX Document. Export as .wav. Drag .wav into timeline under original clip. IT's pretty fast.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on May 17, 2016 at 4:08:45 am

This was super, super helpful. Thanks for posting it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]