FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD/Master File has several frozen clips after export (working fine in timeline/browser)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Carr
DVD/Master File has several frozen clips after export (working fine in timeline/browser)
on May 2, 2016 at 4:24:28 pm

I just finished an edit and I'm having issues with the DVD/master file upon export. Most of the file works fine, but numerous clips have an issue where video playback freezes while audio continues playing.

No idea what is causing this problem. Everything works perfectly in the timeline and event browser. It's not an issue with the footage. Maybe something to do with old render files? I've tried deleting render files and am currently re-exporting the master file.

Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: DVD/Master File has several frozen clips after export (working fine in timeline/browser)
on May 2, 2016 at 9:24:29 pm

I assume you burnt the image straight from FCPX?

What you're describing is either a hardware issue (faulty disc, faulty burner, or faulty player) or an encoding issue (the bitrate on the image jumped so high the player can't cope). More likely the latter

You might try sending the project to Compressor, so you have more control over the final bitrate and see how that goes.

Also try making an image file and burning with Toast, Disk Utility (or has that option moved to the Finder now? I lose track), or whatever app you have available. Creating the image lets me preview the DVD in the DVD Player app so I can spot any basic encoding glitches before I burn it.

Then by burning with something that can verify the copy, I can be fairly sure it's not a hardware issue, which leaves bitrate and/or hardware player.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD/Master File has several frozen clips after export (working fine in timeline/browser)
on May 2, 2016 at 10:47:35 pm

Or are you copying .MOVs directly to a DVD-R? Clarify please.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]