FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color profiles etc. on imac 27" 5k

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Rider
Color profiles etc. on imac 27" 5k
on May 2, 2016 at 1:04:13 pm

Hi, I've just started at a small production company and now edit on an 5k Imac 27". I'm new to Macs and Final Cut having used PCs all my life. I'm not convinced the colour is accurate on the monitor and so I've calibrated it with my i1 Display Pro colorimeter which seems to have given me a warm cast. If any one in the know could help me answer the following questions I would be very grateful.

1. Is the "imac" colour profile listed, the default "factory calabrated" profile that ships with the Mac? If this is the case then I could use this as a place to start.

2. Does Final Cut Pro use the display profile to convert what I see in the monitor panel to rec 709 using a LUT?

3. Has anyone used the i1 Display Pro Colorimeter successfully with an 5k iMac 27"? I've seen different recommendations as to whether to use ADC or not. I'm happy not using it but the only controls for screen adjustments that I've seen are screen brightness (obviously I've turned off the ambient lighting compensation).

4. I've seen a lot of older posts on the internet mentioning the Colorsync application but couldn't find it on the Mac I'm using (running El Capitan). Does it still exist?

I have a lot more questions but these are the big ones for now I think.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]