FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to give the impression of taking off your headphones

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio Bianco
How to give the impression of taking off your headphones
on Apr 20, 2016 at 6:28:26 pm

I am editing a video where I have someone listening to some music from her headphones. At some point, she takes her headphones off to listen what is going on in the room.
The idea is that the viewer hears what she hears, and so, I thought that simply fading quickly the music when she takes off the headphone would be enough. But it doesn’t really sound like the real thing. Any idea about how I can obtain a more credible effect?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: How to give the impression of taking off your headphones
on Apr 20, 2016 at 7:59:27 pm

Tha fade will be very quick and all you should be able to hear is the very high frequencies. Key frame a high pass filter to match the fade so at the end all you faintly hear are maybe the high-hats and snare.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 20, 2016 at 8:15:55 pm

FCPX has a wealth of good audio filters for this, built-in. Try them all.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 21, 2016 at 11:31:59 am

Simply crossfade to a segment of the same audio with e.g. the "Telefon" filter applied?

- RK

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Apr 21, 2016 at 12:26:01 pm

Well hang on, are these Sony MDRs? Beats? Bose Noise Cancelling? Full cans, in-ear, open air? Analog or digital preamp? And what about the surface they're laid down upon? Glass, wood, a mousepad? And how about ambient noise.... is the neighbor mowing the grass? How about the party in 3A, is that still underway? OMG- the HVAC... it just kicked on!

Sigh. SO many unanswered questions.

:D

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 26, 2016 at 6:07:04 pm

[Bob Woodhead] "Well hang on, are these Sony MDRs? Beats? Bose Noise Cancelling? Full cans, in-ear, open air? Analog or digital preamp? And what about the surface they're laid down upon? Glass, wood, a mousepad? And how about ambient noise.... is the neighbor mowing the grass? How about the party in 3A, is that still underway? OMG- the HVAC... it just kicked on!

Sigh. SO many unanswered questions.
"

My thoughts exactly... :D

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Sergio Bianco
on Jun 24, 2016 at 2:10:35 pm

Thanks for all of your answer guys.
At the end we decided to scrap this idea, though. The problem was that even with the best tuned FX no one would have believed that the character was listening to that crappy music you can use for free in your videos...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]