FORUMS: list search recent posts

Yellow Exclamation Mark...whaaah???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Yellow Exclamation Mark...whaaah???
on Mar 29, 2016 at 12:47:49 am

I've been burning Blu-ray and DVD's of a (3) hour job. I now need to burn yet another version of it again on another DVD -- because I forgot to include the Title on the Menu Background Opening.

After sending to Compressor, when I drag the "Create DVD" into the proper field, the icons next to the source folders have yellow triangles with exclamation marks.

I don't know what this means, and can't seem to find it in the manual...

But is this a "missing-link" problem or something?
I don't seem to have any link warnings in FCP.

How to fix this or is there anything really wrong?

Thanks...

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Yellow Exclamation Mark...whaaah???
on Mar 29, 2016 at 1:36:53 am

Just to clarify, are the missing file warnings in FCPX or compressor?

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Mar 29, 2016 at 1:53:05 am

In Compressor

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Mar 30, 2016 at 10:57:32 pm

do the output file names in the batch conflict with file names that already exist in the target folder? compressor won’t allow you to overwrite existing files, so the warnings might be due to that

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Mar 31, 2016 at 8:34:10 am

James, thanks! I think you may be right.

I'm still somewhat new to FCP X (coming off of 6) and I've been a little rushed in the learning curve. Hasn't been too hard.... just some confusion on exact understanding and management of Project, Events and Libraries. I seem to be stepping all over myself. And that's probably where the problem originated.
I did discover another project with all missing files needing to be re-linked. Don't know how that happened. It may have something to do with this perhaps.

But on this project, I think I had a name that was different due to a re-import of the project twice.
I couldn't find that original edit at all, just a finished version all on one layer.
I must have done something wrong.

So I simply deleted the compression files on that project, output a 422 res, and set new chapters.
It all worked then.

Thanks so much again...

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]