FORUMS: list search recent posts

I deleted all the cache from an edited project and need to get it back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marinos Yiannakis
I deleted all the cache from an edited project and need to get it back
on Mar 28, 2016 at 4:32:11 pm

Hi there.
As i finished editing i exported my project. Somehow my kid managed to stop that process without me noticing. As i came back i assume that it has finished exporting. I didn't even check my export and i deleted the project and the import files. I have the original files to import again but i was thinking if there is a way to bring back my project without editing. I also deleted the cache file and the back up cache file. Is there any way to bring back a project? I was working on external drive by the way.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: I deleted all the cache from an edited project and need to get it back
on Mar 29, 2016 at 12:28:41 am

Cache files will rebuild themselves so deleting them isn't an issue.

If you mean you have delete the project file and the backup project file from the Movies folder on your system drive, then your best choice is to stop using your external drive and dust off your data recovery software of choice and see if you can get back the deleted files.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Marinos Yiannakis
on Mar 30, 2016 at 6:16:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. I deleted everything so i re edited the whole thing at the end. It was an easy edit.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 29, 2016 at 12:34:02 am

If you still have the library the project is in, you can simply use the file>open>library>restore from backup command. That might not be exactly the right menu path, but it's something like that. X will give you a list of backups available for that library. Pick the most recent one before you mucked it up and there ya go. If the media is offline just drag it into the event or import it again or relink it. Whatever is appropriate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]