FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX changing audio sample rate suddenly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Bezem
FCPX changing audio sample rate suddenly
on Mar 22, 2016 at 8:30:22 am

Hello,

For the second time I have a strange thing going on with my audio. I'm editing a multicam interview and after the cam edit I made a compound clip. With the compound clip i'm adding some titles etc. Everything is going well until I starting fcpx the next morning and suddenly the audio sample rate is 6 kHz instead of 48 kHz where I left it the night before.

I've solved it by accident when I revealed my clips in the browser. Then suddenly FCPX make a version 2 of the compound clip and the audio is fine again. I'm getting nervous from this kind of 'jokes'

Somebody got a idea what is going wrong and how to prevent it?

Media is imported mxf from a canon XF205, it's automaticly making optimized media. and until now I've never had any problems.

I deleted the preferences and updates everything.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX changing audio sample rate suddenly
on Mar 22, 2016 at 2:13:10 pm

Does it actually sound different or just show as a different rate in the inspector? Any music in the edit or sound effects?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Mick Bezem
on Mar 22, 2016 at 4:28:20 pm

It sounds like they are talking through telephone so it's awfull. There are no other audio then just voice.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 22, 2016 at 7:22:54 pm

Blow away render files first. Then if it's still happening copy/paste the project into a new Library and see if the problem persists. Sometimes bad source media can cause this too.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Mick Bezem
on Mar 23, 2016 at 8:02:26 am

Already throw the render files away, but no effect. The source media is just fine, in single cam edits I have zero problems. And I did lots of multicam and this is something from the last time. Maybe a fresh instal do the trick, but it's to busy now.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 23, 2016 at 8:12:34 pm

So, when you reveal in browser, suddenly FCP X is creating a version two? I think know what is happening there. You're editing in a snapshot. When you create a snapshot, the compounds don't exist anywhere until you reveal them in the browser. Then they suddenly appear. I'm sure they DO exist, but they're just hidden away because in reality, you shouldn't be editing a snapshot and these compounds really don't need to be visible. But if you do decided to edit a snapshot, then they appear when you reveal in browser. If they weren't hidden, your browser would be cluttered with all the compounds from every snapshot you've created. And for me, at the end of a job might be 10 or so for each project in the library for said job. Snapshots are locking an edit as is as an emergency fallback.

But alas I have no idea how this would have anything to do with 6khz audio. Where are you seeing it's 6 kHz?

Return to posts index

Mick Bezem
on Mar 25, 2016 at 10:41:54 am

Thanks for your reply. I can follow you with the snapshot story, but I didn't made a snapshot but duplicate the timeline. That FCPX showing me the extra versions is also not the problem. But it's still strange that the audio suddenly is 6KHZ phone call quality. Is this perhaps the proxy quality?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]