FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC-I 100@29.97 PN & AVC-I 100@59.94 raw footage on same project - any file prep needed?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
AVC-I 100@29.97 PN & AVC-I 100@59.94 raw footage on same project - any file prep needed?
on Mar 17, 2016 at 4:16:51 pm
Last Edited By Sam Lee on Mar 17, 2016 at 4:17:53 pm

I'm given about 700 hours of doc footage Panasonic ENG/EFP 2/3" P2 cams. Only 25% of it is in the newer 59.94p format. The rest of the 75% is all in 1080-29.97 PN. The final delivery is in 1080-29.97p.

Should I use Compressor to reconvert all of the AVC-I 100@59.94p raw cam footage back to 29.97p for proper editing or FCP 10.2.3 will do it automatically when putting in in the new project?

Personally I like the fluid, motion blurred 29.97 PN footage over the 60P. But with 60P it looks like I have the flexility to slow things down if needed. And it looks like when I slow it down, it has more frames and clearer on fast moving objects. Other than that, regular non-slowing footage looks just a bit too "reality" to my taste and it consumes 2x more in hdd space than the 29.97 PN footage.


Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: AVC-I 100@29.97 PN & AVC-I 100@59.94 raw footage on same project - any file prep needed?
on Mar 17, 2016 at 8:40:27 pm

FCPX can certainly do it. But it's a subjective call whether the results are visually acceptable. Show some tests to the final client and see if they notice. FCPX along will certainly be simpler to accomplish.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]