FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you reconnect Motion-made generators?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
How do you reconnect Motion-made generators?
on Mar 11, 2016 at 5:05:33 pm

Folks, I've been moving custom-made plugins out of my personal user account and into a directory that will make them available to all users on the computer.

I've had issues before where a custom plugin such as a generator that I have at work and at home in my personal user account do not reconnect. However I'd like to know is it possible to redirect FCP X where the generators are on the same computer?

They load fine in the generators panel, but on the storyline, they are now offline. There's no relinking or redirecting option I can find. Odd that FCP X loads the generators just fine in the effects panel, but can't relink them on the storyline.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: How do you reconnect Motion-made generators?
on Mar 11, 2016 at 7:31:44 pm

In my experience, they have to be in the exact same file path as they were when you used them. Now maybe you can put some sort of symlink in there but that's beyond my expertise.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Mar 14, 2016 at 12:14:29 am

You could also output the project as XML and use a text editor to change the old paths to the new ones, then re-import.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Mar 14, 2016 at 3:05:23 am

Thanks for that insight.

Strange thing. On my laptop I put my custom generators in the main drive's location to be available for all users rather than the user account and FCP X isn't recognizing them at all. Though on my desktop it has not issue seeing them.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]