FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compound clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pam Picard
Compound clips
on Mar 1, 2016 at 1:11:26 pm

Hello there -

I am editing an episode of a web series. I have video and camera audio on one file and mic audio on another.

I am making compound clips of the video and the audio, but noticing it is adding in both audio tracks to the clip (obviously), - the camera audio and mic audio files.

I am thinking the camera audio (detaching it from the video first) should be removed before making the compound clip?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Compound clips
on Mar 1, 2016 at 1:39:50 pm

You can select all camera clips and just turn off un-needed audio in the inspector. There's no need to detach. And why make compound clips?

Return to posts index

Pam Picard
on Mar 1, 2016 at 2:31:21 pm

Thanks for that.

Interesting you mention the compound clips...as I was working on the edit last night, I thought to myself - is this the best workflow?

So you would leave the audio as individual files?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 1, 2016 at 3:00:57 pm

Synchronized clips.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Mar 1, 2016 at 5:44:08 pm

What Bret said

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 1, 2016 at 6:14:40 pm

Pam,
This is precisely what the "synchronize files" thing in X is for.
Once you sync them, try tagging the original video and audio components in your event as Rejected and Hide Rejected will ckean up your event display. In the info tab (with the sync clips selected), you can choose to enable or disable sound sources.
Have fun.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Pam Picard
on Mar 2, 2016 at 12:28:45 pm

Thanks so much - working perfectly!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]