FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black magic driver(s) crash FCP X constantly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Black magic driver(s) crash FCP X constantly
on Feb 29, 2016 at 10:02:06 pm

Black magic has had a few updates to their drives since El Cap, but none of them fix the crashing issue. If I'm outputting via ultra studio express while editing, you can expect X to crash hard without warning in 5 minutes or so. And the odd thing is that any render files associated with motion titles and templates get trashed too. Sometimes that's a half hour of rendering down the drain. REALLY ticking me off about now. BMD could give a rats...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Black magic driver(s) crash FCP X constantly
on Mar 1, 2016 at 1:06:55 am

FCPX 10.2.3 really sucks at video out.

I don't have crashed, but lots of freezes. Airplay is much better at this point, and that's saying something.

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Mar 2, 2016 at 7:49:22 pm

New drivers are out today! I've been having some video freezing issues, hope to see an improvement.

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Mar 2, 2016 at 9:21:20 pm

[Don Walker] "New drivers are out today! I've been having some video freezing issues, hope to see an improvement."

Don't bother, worse than before. I may buy a AJA T-tap or IO before the day is over!

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 2, 2016 at 10:06:40 pm

I actually went back a driver (so that's 2 back I guess now) just to drop the crashes from once every minute to about once every five. I have figured out that playback won't crash it. It's when you're actually editing/trimming. So I basically have been editing with it off, and toggle it on for client playback. I have a hot key (f17) to toggle it on/off. Can't set it up in FCP X, but you can map it in system prefs keyboard shortcuts.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 8, 2016 at 6:31:56 pm

I'm looking at the Ttap as well. 10.6.1 driver didn't solve any issues for me either. I can play back, as long as that's all I'm doing. No scrubbing, trimming or anything. But I always forget to turn the monitoring back off.

Having an external is extremely helpful for motion graphics. You can see the 100% view on the external, while you're zoomed in to 500% on the screen to create a mask or whatnot. I miss having that capability, plus the crashing is making me nuts.

I blame El Cap.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 11, 2016 at 4:44:15 am

I caught your cold, Bret. Things are crashy now.

I think 1080psf23.98 is less crashy than 1080p23.98.

Crash report points to Blackmagic drivers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]