FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Download on Second Computer and Apple ID issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Birkas
FCP X Download on Second Computer and Apple ID issue
on Feb 27, 2016 at 11:38:56 pm

Hi,

I downloaded final cut pro on my husbands computer about 9 months ago. At the time I didn't own a mac so was using his. I am not sure whether I used his apple ID or mine and I can't find FCP X in either of our apple store purchase histories. Now I want to download it to my new macbook pro. When I log into apple store with either ID it says it costs $299. Another forum said if you hit "buy" anyway, and are logged in with the proper ID, it will advise you that it does not cost anything after you hit the button. But I am scared to do this, as hitting the buy button seems like a commitment and I might get charged. Can anyone help me figure out how to get it on my second machine without paying for it again?

Thanks!

Anna

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP X Download on Second Computer and Apple ID issue
on Feb 28, 2016 at 12:41:06 am

Apple usually emails a receipt.

Search your emails to see the Apple ID used and if you do get charged again, you have the receipt to prove it.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 28, 2016 at 1:20:48 am

Sure you didn't just download the 30 day trial? Is it still on his computer and running?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 28, 2016 at 3:43:13 pm

[Anna Birkas] "I am not sure whether I used his apple ID or mine and I can't find FCP X in either of our apple store purchase histories."
Apple purchase history is the authoritative source of purchases. If you sign out of the App Store and then sign in with your Apple ID and check your Purchased history, and then sign out again and sign in with your husbands Apple ID and check again, that's as good as it gets. If it isn't in one of those lists you might not have pursued it and just downloaded the trial as Bret suggests.

I've had this problem where going into the App Store has shown a price on FCP X on a new Mac but once I logout. login, and check my Purchased history it usually shows up with the "Install" button.

Of course if you pay with a credit card you could always check your credit card statements.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]