FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compound Clip Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Compound Clip Question
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:19:21 am

One of the things about X that has me confused is compound clips. I would like to decompose it in the timeline, make changes and collapse it back in place, not decompose in a separate timeline as I like to see clips on either side. Why does Apple not offer this feature? Also, do new compound clips create a bigger library file size? On the other hand, there could be advantages to multiple compound clips. Any feedback is greatly welcome.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Compound Clip Question
on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:28:05 am

Yep- longtime request. But that's how it is currently designed...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Feb 26, 2016 at 4:11:03 pm

They are sticking with the Primary/Connected clips workflow.
I was hoping by now they would treat other options such as layered PSDs as multiple tracks.
I know that breaks the no track rule but cant Apple just write it in that as a sub clip e.g. Compound, PSDs w/layers, etc be treated differently than the Primary workflow?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:34:06 pm

How does Primary connected have anything to do with decomposing in place or layered PSDs? They could certainly have an Avid like decompose in place solution. And my PSDs come in layered. Does Premiere decompose in place? After Effects? Resolve? FCP 7? In a way Motion does. I'd love to see that sort of thing in X.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 26, 2016 at 8:02:05 pm

You can decompose a compound clip in place in Resolve, unless something got changed in a recent update.
Perhaps our request list will be brought to life, probably will not not see a feature update until after NAB, an announcement for plans going forward during that time would be nice.

One more thing, Motion and Compressor should be given an X as well. Just a thought. ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]