FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Katz
Keyframing Problem
on Feb 19, 2016 at 8:09:59 pm

I am having trouble keyframing when zooming and panning. About 15 seconds into the clip I want to start the zoom and pan, and end 9 seconds later. I put in the first key at 15 seconds, at 100%, showing both subjects, and the second key 9 seconds later at 150% and centering one of the subjects.

I can't prevent the clip from sliding off the the left then back as the keyframing progresses.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Harry

Harry Katz
harrykatz1@me.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: Keyframing Problem
on Feb 19, 2016 at 9:10:35 pm

Did you open the video animation on the clip in the timeline to see if there are any "rogue" keyframes that accidentally were added?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:28:30 am

One thing I love about Final Cut is those sneaky little keyframes that appear from the deep, cold, dark abyss.

Return to posts index

Fedor von Hengstenberg
on Feb 22, 2016 at 2:19:06 pm

Harry, your problem is most likely due to the fact that you did not change the keyframe interpolation from default smooth to linear. In order to do this, click the icon at the lower left of your canvas window. Then the transformation keyframes should become visible on screen. Right or control click on them and set them to linear. This should alter the behavior of your transformation and solve the problem. BTW, I have not yet understood why linear is not the default option, but what do I know?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]