Multicam - Nearly there

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Maloney
Multicam - Nearly there
on Feb 15, 2016 at 9:12:24 am

Hi All,

I'm using 10.2.3

I've got a two camera Multicam named synced and ready to go.

I can scrub/play the clip in the viewer and cut using the keyboard or cursor ( which has changed to a hand when I hover over the cameras )

HOWEVER the cuts appear to cut but they don't stick. When I play back - the camera cuts haven't stuck.

With the same multicam clip double clicked into the timeline. When I hover over the angles the cursor doesn't change to a hand and the keyboard doesn't let the angles switch.

I think I'm close but not quite...

Suggestions?

Tim Maloney
Managing Director
Axis Films Melbourne Australia
tim@axisfilms.com.au

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Multicam - Nearly there
on Feb 15, 2016 at 11:07:57 am

Just a recap... You sync your clips, creating a multicam clip. You add the multicam clip to a project timeline. With the multicam clip selected, and the multicam viewer open, you select angles. When you do this, you should see cuts on the timeline as if you had used the blade tool.

This is not happening? The multiclip on the timeline doesn't get bladed? (Is bladed a word?)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Feb 15, 2016 at 11:16:08 am

for some reason I can't edit my own posts so I'll add here...

What I guess I'm asking is that when you slect an angle, the multiclip on your project timeline gets cut at that point you should now be able to slect either side of the cut. You're saying you can't do that?

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Tim Maloney
on Feb 15, 2016 at 12:11:54 pm

Hi Jeff,

The MC in the timeline: I can move the cursor around above the angle viewer but can't select anything. The cursor doesnt change to a hand and the numerals 1 and 2 on the keyboard have no effect....

Tim

Tim Maloney
Managing Director
Axis Films Melbourne Australia
tim@axisfilms.com.au

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 15, 2016 at 3:14:50 pm

Are you looking at the event angle viewer or the project angle viewer?

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Feb 18, 2016 at 1:33:34 pm

Is it possible you have the "audio only" icon selected in the Angle Viewer? This would cut only the audio and not the video. Make sure you select the "video only" icon (a filmstrip).

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:09:20 pm

[Tim Maloney] "I can scrub/play the clip in the viewer and cut using the keyboard or cursor ( which has changed to a hand when I hover over the cameras )

HOWEVER the cuts appear to cut but they don't stick. When I play back - the camera cuts haven't stuck.

With the same multicam clip double clicked into the timeline. When I hover over the angles the cursor doesn't change to a hand and the keyboard doesn't let the angles switch."

When you scrub through a MC clip in the Event Browser, the cursor is a hand on the Angle Viewer. You can select a monitoring angle but not make an edit.

When you add that MC clip to a project in the timeline, the cursor in the Angle Viewer is a blade, indicating editing is active. Clicking on a camera will do an edit.

You can re-designate the monitoring angle in the Angle Viewer by doing OPT-click on the camera.

Due to the skimmer, it can be confusing which MC content is showing in the Angle Viewer -- the MC timeline or the MC clip from the Event Browser. They can switch back and forth rapidly as you move your cursor.

It is actually easy to see where the Angle Viewer content is coming from: the upper left corner will either show a MC clip icon from the Event Browser, or a "Project Slate" icon that matches the timeline upper-left corner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]