FORUMS: list search recent posts

video change colour when uploading to youtube/vimeo

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helen Newman
video change colour when uploading to youtube/vimeo
on Feb 10, 2016 at 7:22:12 am

Hi all,
I have had this problem ever since changing from FCP7 to Final Cut X. Any FCPX projects I upload to youtube always end up saturated with ugly pinks taking over from the whites. The master file exports from FCPX are fine but all exports, whether they're uploaded direct to youtube, uploaded to youtube via compressor, uploaded after using handbrake, or any other form of upload results in drastic colour change. The reason I'm thinking this is a FCPX problem is because I NEVER had the problem when exporting from FCP 7. Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: video change colour when uploading to youtube/vimeo
on Feb 10, 2016 at 8:19:51 am

Not a lot of help - but if you're compressing in Handbrake and other apps and the uploaded file is still wrong then I doubt it's anything that FCPX is doing. I can remember any number of posts from people having exactly the same sorts of issues with FC7.

From my experience, there's always at least a gamma shift going from anything OSX to YouTube.

Keep in mind that you are looking at a colour managed preview in FCPX, Quicktime, etc but once it gets to YouTube, all bets are off.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: video change colour when uploading to youtube/vimeo
on Feb 10, 2016 at 8:26:47 pm

[Helen Newman] "The reason I'm thinking this is a FCPX problem is because I NEVER had the problem when exporting from FCP 7."

You're using the same computer and monitor with FCPX that you used with FCP7?
While FCP7 was Quicktime Frameworks based, FCPX is CoreMedia based. If anything FCPX/CoreMedia seems to be better.

To do your own Quality Control you should check your encodes before uploading. If they look good then YouTube and Vimeo are the culprits.

Of course you're checking all this on the same computer with the same calibrated monitor right?

If you find a consistent pattern then you should add post processing filters for your encodes (Add Video Effect) in Compressor otherwise you can duplicate your timeline in FCPX and do a separate grade (possibly with an "adjustment layer") as a YouTube or Vimeo specific version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]