FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mismatch of sample rates

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Oridoroga
Mismatch of sample rates
on Feb 9, 2016 at 9:20:31 pm

Hi everyone! I shot an interview and made a damned mistake - recorded an interviewee on sound recorder with sample rate 96KHz. In the same time I recorded an interviewer's sound directly on camera with sample rate 48KHz. Now I can't synchronize it. In 24 minutes long recording I have a mismatch in more than 1 minute. See attached screenshot. Both clips are finished on the same point, but with a large difference in time. Is it possible to fix or not? I tried to slow down a 96KHz sound, but, sure, have no luck.

Thanks for any advice, guys! You always save my dumb head.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Mismatch of sample rates
on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:09:22 pm

Thought one would be just to drag the audio clip timing out to match the video clip. Second thought would be to load it into an audio editor and convert the sample rate to 48k.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:17:00 pm

Yeah the sample rate doesn't affect pitch/speed at all, merely quality. I'd guess the drift is more due to neither audio recorder having SMPTE timecode. So while I'd first try what Jeff suggests and re-export at 48Khz I'd guess that won't change the offset. Instead do what he also suggests and blade the audio and manually resync.

For that long a take, losing sync with non SMPTE-timecode gear is fairly normal.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 10, 2016 at 1:06:27 am

Does the sequence frame rate match the footage frame rate?

Return to posts index

Max Oridoroga
on Feb 10, 2016 at 9:48:41 am

Yes! That's the reason! Thanks! I forgot to change sequence frame rate. By the way, sound is still unequal, but becomes more real to sync through a little speed up of video.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Feb 10, 2016 at 10:57:03 am

BTW PluralEyes can do sync drift correction: https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]