FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paste Balance Color

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Krieger
Paste Balance Color
on Feb 8, 2016 at 6:32:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I know you can paste the Color Correction from one clip to another using Paste Attributes...but what about Balance Color? If I have an interview, do I have to run the Analyze and Fix/Balance Color for each clip? Or is there a way to paste that as well?

Thx.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Paste Balance Color
on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:54:32 pm

That wouldn't make much sense as each clip has different requirements. To be honest- I find Balance Color rarely useful because instead of making changes you can further adjust in the Color Board, it just does a best guess that you have no way to finely control.

The short answer is- no. You can just select multiple clips and Balance Color, and each shot will be balanced according to its needs. But there's no way to use that tool to make all shots consistent/balance relative to each other.

It's much better to learn the Color Board tools and work with the waveforms. Balance Color is a very basic, automated tool when you have no time/don't know how the better tools work.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Paste Balance Color
on Feb 9, 2016 at 2:56:52 am

[Noah Kadner] "That wouldn't make much sense as each clip has different requirements."

True in theory... in practice it was quite useful to be able to paste Balance and Match color settings. Having them orphaned is kind of a bummer.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]